Fun fact: in Canada (not sure about the US) the Iron Ring is worn on the little finger as symbol to remind the engineer of their ethical obligation to the people. It’s given to every graduating engineer through a very structured and private ritual. Once they retire, they give the ring back and it’s passed on to the next generation of engineers.
So if you ever see an engineer in Canada with the ring you can Sherlock Holmes the shit out of that and ask them what type of engineering they do.
(Submitted by theblueboxonbakerstreet)
I’m doing this Sherlock Holmes scavenger hunt right now and this was my entry for the The Adventure of the Engineer’s Thumb where we had to (obviously) take a picture of an engineer’s thumb.
Is Clint empowered yet?
“She makes these like needlework embroideries on set in the tedium of filming”, says MacFadyen, “but they are all: ‘You Are a Cunt’. And she gives them as presents. And it’s Dame Judi Dench. And she is doing this beautifully, intricate, ornate (work). You kind of see the work materializing as the shoot goes on. Like: ‘You Are a Fucking Shit.’ Knightley never received her embroidered cushion from Dench but remarks: “I love that! She gives this fantastic air. She just sits there and she embroiders and you think: ‘Oh, that’s so nice! It’s Judi Dench. It’s so quaint; she’s embroidering a cushion,’ and you go: ‘What are you embroidering?’ And (it says): ‘Fuck!’ Apparently she’s got hundreds of them just covered in swear words or rude sayings.”
so can i worship judi dench as a religion yet or something
i want to hang out with judi dench REALLY BAD.
I remember reading somewhere that she played D & D with Vin Diesel on the Chronicles of Riddick Set.
I want to be a combination of Dames Judi and Maggie when I grow up. With a dash of Miss Betty White.
Sappho: Why she kicks ass
- She was a poet and lyricist born on the Greek island Lesbos and she passed away around 570 BC.
- While lots of her work has been lost due time, the works being destroyed and ceasing to be scribed, she was considered one of the greatest lyric poets.
- At around 604 BC she was exiled to Sicily for a time because of political activities in her family.
- Sappho composed her own music and refined the lyric meter, now known as a Sapphic Meter or Saphhic stanza, named after her.
- She was one of the first poets to write from the first person, often writing about love and desires often towards other females. Surprisingly, during her time, her poetry wasn’t condemned due to its homoerotic content (although, in later centuries it was).
- The word ‘sapphic’ which is synonymous with woman-love, was derived from Saphho, and the term ‘lesbian’ was derived from her homeland, the island of Lesbos.
- You can read some of her translated works [here].
For Halloween Murray is going as Loki, the villain from the movie The Avengers. My very creative boyfriend crafted his whole costume, including a staff that lights up and is made of a dog bone.
OH MY GAWD.
how the fuck do cats even work
Nine Layer Density Tower
get out of there cat. you do not belong in a thoracic cage. you are not lungs you are a cat.
A pie chart of Voldemort’s soul, assuming that every time he made a horcrux his soul was split precisely in half.
Numbers are rounded down.
…Harry had more of Voldemort’s soul in him than Voldemort himself had.
Whoa. That’s crazy.
This is super cool! Props to whoever made it!
I read “Diary” as “Dairy” and pictured him filled with cheese curds.
Relevant to my interests.
EDIT: Also, *damn*, Ginny basically got the worst Horcrux. She had way more of Voldemort in her than Harry ever did.
Reblogging for that edit because… I never considered that.
Which probably also explains why the diary was so powerfull and had so much of his personality.
I always believed that the Diary should have affected Ginny much MORE in the long run than it did. This chart just proves it.
I’m sorry I all I saw was “Ginny had more of Voldemort in her than Harry ever did”
Uvershula in Nordland, Norway sits on idyllic seashore location with fine views of the nearby Lofoten Islands. Built by a local school teacher, it has a wood burning stove, coffee pot, and a hut log book with comments from travellers from all over the world.
Submitted by Jerry Webb.
The first time CPT Rogers and Lt. Col. Rhodes meet, they trash talk each other viciously, and Tony just looks on in horror, unable to come to grips with the harsh things Steve says about Rhodey’s “people” being lazy and stupid.
But then they shake hands and part with a smile.
“What the fuck is with you two?” Tony demands.
“Hm. Oh.” Rhodey replied, “Don’t worry about it. It’s just an Army-Air Force thing.”
Submitted by dianariggslegs